How to Get Help or Chat on IRC
- Use the [Webop Help Channel]. When you click that link (requires that Java be installed on your system), you will join IRC on the help channel using the name "UserSeekingHelp". (Some people pop into IRC and are too timid to type anything, so nobody notices them, then they leave without ever getting help. Don't be THAT GUY. Type a question and admins will hear a "ding!" if they're around and they'll know someone's waiting.)
- Admins are not around 24/7 so please wait patiently in the channel and we'll help you as quickly as we can.
- If you just want to hang out and chat with other, like minded pervs, type "/nick YourWebopName" once you get into the channel to change your name, and "/join #Webop" to join the chat channel.
Please use email only if all else fails.
Most questions will get you a quicker answer on the forums. Thousands of people read the forums daily.
Hundreds of people use IRC, most times there is an admin active there.
Only a few people check email daily.
Registration / Confirmation Problems
Please go to IRC for an immediate resolution, if there's no admin active try again later. As a last resort
- If you received the message "Your IP address is not allowed access to registration at this time," then you will need to use the IRC links at the top of this page. Please do not EMail with regard to this problem. We can not help you with this problem via EMail.
- If you didn't receive the registration email, email the above address, use "<username> did not get the confirmation email" as the subject line, just try to log in a few times in the next 24 hours until it works, don't expect an email because you didn't receive the registration email either.
- If the confirmation link didnt work, first try to login and if that doesn't work, email us and use "<username> confirmation link didnt work" as the subject line.
Language Translation Tools
Last Edited: 4th January 2013 by noizenecio